Tuesday, January 31, 2006

February 1st, 2006 - Unemployed in Style

We arrived in Melbourne roughly 3 weeks ago and have since found an immaculate place to live in the CBD of Melbourne for less than we were paying for our dive in Sydney. It's an old hotel that was partly converted into furnished appartments. Complete with swimming pool, gym, sauna, hot tub I have been busy bulking up and lunging around the pool whil I wait for phone calls and appointments.
I had a promising interview this morning with a promotional company - I'd be one of those obnoxious people filling in research surveys and credit card applications in malls. Although not at all my style, I figure if it pays OK and consistently then I'll suck it up and do what it takes to stay on top for the 3 months before we head home. Sorry for the lack of entries, but I've been spending every ounce of computer time researching for work. Once I get settled somewhere I'll update it more regularly.
All in all, the job hunt is slightly discouraging but at least we have a comfortable place to wait in the interim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home