February 3rd, 2006 – Desperate Times
I started pursuing marketing companies and was able to get an appointment with one. Within a day I had an interview and was selected as one of 6 out of 30 people selected to form a new marketing team. The position would have entailed hanging out in Malls and airports and street corners flagging people down and conducting surveys or promotional sales. I had a couple of sleepness nights over the thought of lowering my standards to such a level, but I was at the point where I was ready to put my pride aside to make ends meet. Just before I started training, I pulled out and decided I owed it to myself to wait it out another couple of weeks. One week later, I got a 3 month contract with Stockland Real Estate - talk about a close call.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home