Friday, May 26, 2006

May 25th, 2006 - Spanky Suit!

After the hiccup the day before, I was starting to really dislike Bangkok with its busy streets and pushy drivers. But we spent most of the day relaxing in a park in China town and wandering the streets in search of some good markets. Just when we finally found them we were forced to head back accross town to the Tailor to get refitted for the suit. Bangkok is not a very easy city to navigate, as SE asia's Venice - with waterways strewn about the city, it forces random street patterns that are anything but simple. Not to mention the fact that the street names are too difficult to pronounce, let alone spell! We finally, made it back to the Thai factory and while I was trying on my work in progress suit, Laure clarified a couple of our concerns and witnessed some guests that tried to bargain and were refused, reassuring me for my feable attempt the day before - Top Ten is just not that kind of place. I further scrutinized the threads of my suit for any blemishes, errors, problems, inconsistencies and determined that aside from the high quality materials and linings for my suit and pants, this was indeed a top end suit! Very relieved that I hadn't gotten scammed, just steered towards probably the most exclusive tailor in Bangkok, I left very contented and I can't wait to see the final product tomorrow morning!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home