Wednesday, March 01, 2006

February 14th, 2006 - Roast Duck and Oysters

Valentines Day was really special. Nothing over the top just some Oysters, followed by Roast Duck, a Vegetable Stir Fry and finished with Crepes with ice cream and chocolate sauce. My rrommate Ben and myself spoiled our ladies, but preparing was even more fun. We went to the market on Saturday morning and tracked down almost everything we needed based on the recipes we had memorized from a nearby bookshop. The one thing we were missing was a duck. We looked everywhere to no avail and finally I asked a chinese restaurant with roasted ducks hanging in the window if they sold them frozen. At first I was given some quizical looks, but when I explained that it was a treat for our girlfriends they talked with the head chef and managed to sell it to us at a very reasonable price. Ironically, enough a couple of weekends later wandering through the market there were several butcher shops that sold duck...go figure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home