Sunday, March 19, 2006

March 19th, 2006 – Games Fever

Friday night we met up with our roommates at what has come to be our favorite bar in Melbourne. It’s called robot and is a Japanese bar in a quaint alley, with its own special charm and character. The next day, it was off to the market as usual to get our fresh meat and veggies for the week. That afternoon we began our hunt for flights home, after a brutal sitting with a new agent that new little or nothing about the system, we went to a different agent who was a team leader and found us exactly what we were looking for in a fraction of the time and price. Content with our quote we were very pleased to know that we’ll be back home June 5th. Our time overseas has been cut down to just over 2 months. One month in Australia and the other in South East Asia.
Sunday we had a great day wandering the streets catching the Mens and Womens marathon at a couple of different spots along the track. After a nice day in the park, we headed home for a quick bite and then it was off to the Docklands to catch some social events and a local fair set up for the occasion. Laure and I jumped on a ride that was something neither of us had ever experienced, being upside down and spinning! I was actually a bit nauseous getting off the ride. Then it was another work week at Stockland. Part of me will be sad to leave and I finally brought myself to advise them of my departure date. I figured I’d better be straight up and give them time to find a permanent replacement. Ever had one of those days where you feel invisible? In a small meeting I made two very solid recommendations, both of which were glanced over until they resurged in a subtly different way only to be appraised by everyone involved! Part of me was pleased that I was able to make a contribution, albeit unrecognized, while the other wanted at least some recognition…Oh well, can’t win em all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home