November 19th, 2005 – Powerhouse Museum
Saturday was filled with routine errands before we decided to continue our tourist activities by venturing into the museum that came most highly recommended to us from our travelling friends. The museum is across the street from where we live and yet we left it until our second to last weekend before we went in. With some fashion, Australian history and a lot of children’s activities, the museum caters to a wide range of enthusiasts. It reminded me mostly of a Museum of Science and Technology from back home with magnet exhibits, 3D virtual interactive movies, chemistry and steam engine exhibits. Something about a museum always makes me very tired and by the end of the afternoon neither Laure nor I could hardly stand on our feet. The next day we organized a barbeque with our British and Scottish roommates, only two of which were around for our last barbeque. The weather wasn’t overly cooperative but with the shelters at the park we still had a fantastic afternoon binging on food and alcohol. When we got home, both rather wasted, I had the misfortune of discovering that in our hurry to leave I had left my keys in the room and Laure seldom brings hers while we’re together. With a bit of shoulder strength we broke down the door and stumbled into bed for the night. The next morning I paid severely for it having to wake up at 6 am to fix the lock so that both Laure and I could leave the house and go to work that day. Needless to say that Monday was particularly gruelling.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home