November 26th, 2005 – Footie with the Brits
Living with so many roommates from the UK has turned me into a bordering alcoholic! Not having taken much to the flavour of beer throughout University, I seldom touched the stuff. Although I still haven’t taken to the taste it seems like I’ve been drinking a lot of it lately. The barbeque was such a success last weekend that we pulled together for another full day of lounging in the sun with the roommates. Our previous plan to take the ferry to Manly failed because of the ever so inaccurate weather reports that predicted rain. I played soccer all afternoon with the boys and then as the sun set and the temperature dropped even the girls joined in for a game to warm up. This time no one had to be carried home…at least not yet. When we got back to the apartment at 10 O’clock with the predicted thundershowers finally rolling in, everyone decided to go out for a night on the town. Little did we know that meant the whole night! At 2:30 in the morning I finally called it quits and took advantage of the boys going to watch some football and the ladies going dancing to slip out with Laure. The next morning I was woken up by the gang stumbling in at 7am and more specifically my good friend Ben who felt I should start drinking again! The house was very peaceful that morning and Laure and I took advantage of the time to thoroughly clean the apartment, something that was long since overdue. Sunday was spent mostly recuperating from the previous night and having to pick a day to waste, a rainy and stormy Sunday was fine with everyone. We had another movie marathon on the couch. That night my friend Charlotte came to stay with me for a night before she caught a plane to Alice Springs to start her tour down to Adelaide and then back to Melbourne. We had a good visit, albeit short lived before I helped her with her bags to a nearby hotel for a shuttle to the airport at 8 am…once again pissing with rain!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home