December 4th, 2005 - Byron Bay
Well my first overnight bus was one for the record books. Although I have no trouble with the motion of the bus or sleeping in an upright position, I have learned that I can't sleep with excessive noise. Most of the bus was normal except for the German party group and the Old Byron woman looking to pick up. There was a whole drama for the 14 hour bus drive that consumed my interest although hindered my sleep. Bioth Laure and I managed to squeeze in 4 hours and the next day when we arrived in Byron Bay, spent most of the day running off of the excitment of our arrival.
Byron is a beutiful little beach town with one main strip, Johnson. We were staying in the Belongil Beach house about a 20 minute walk from the beaten track. We wandered the full length of the beach towards town stopping periodically to take in the sun and go for a quick dip. The water is a beautiful green and very nice with the scalding sun and non-existent wind. No sun burns yet! But boy do Laure and I go through alot of sunscreen! Then we popped in to browse the shops along Johnson for the afternoon to keep out of the sun and benefit from some air conditioning before returning to the hostel. The Hostel was quaint with gardens and courtyards strewn around a bunch of buildings. We were staying in dorm rooms and unfortunately for Laure, it was 5 guys and her. We didn't stay long enough for it to bother her and seldomnly did we really cross paths with the roommates anyways - they were mostly asleep after a night of partying. Next Stop Surfers Paradise!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home